The Doctor of Philosophy (Education) is a research-based programme designed to equip students with the necessary skills to conduct scholarly research in their specialised fields and become credible authorities and experts who support the development and advancement of knowledge while adhering to the highest professional standards.
The curriculum equips students with the capability to teach, organise, and manage educational provisions efficiently and effectively in not only educational institutions but also other fields. Students will be able to develop flexibility, variety, and originality through participation in interdisciplinary research, debates, and online dialogues with classmates and research experts.
- Research Methodology
- Proposal Defense
- Research Thesis
- Viva Voce in the final year
- Students are required to produce a thesis of between 60,000 and 100,000 words to fulfill the graduation requirements
- Curriculum & Instruction
- Guidance & Counselling
- Educational Leadership & Management
- Teaching English as a Second Language
- Special Education
- Early Childhood Education
|Campus||Local Students||International Students|
|INTI International University||Approx. RM 59,796||Approx. RM 59,796|
- A Master’s Degree (Level 7, MQF) in related fields as accepted by the Higher Education Provider (HEP) Senate; OR
- Master’s Degree (Level 7, MQF) in nonrelated fields as accepted by the HEP Senate, subject to having relevant working experience and rigorous internal assessment; OR
- A Master’s Degree (Level 7, MQF) in nonrelated fields as accepted by the HEP Senate and without relevant working experience, subject to passing prerequisite courses; OR
- Other qualifications equivalent to a Master’s Degree (Level 7, MQF) recognised by the Malaysian Government.
For Doctoral Degree by Research as stated in the MQA Standards for Master’s and Doctoral Degree:
- There shall be no direct entry from Bachelor’s Degree to Doctoral Degree level.
- Candidates with Bachelor’s Degree who are registered for Master’s Degree programmes may apply to convert their candidacy to the Doctoral Degree programmes within ONE year after Master’s Degree registration, subjected to:
- having shown competency and capability in conducting research at Doctoral Degree level;
- rigorous internal assessment by the HEP; and
- approval by the HEP Senate.
Meet any of these English language requirements:
- A Master’s Degree conducted in English*; OR
- Credit 6 in MCE / SPM / GCE level; OR
- MUET Band 4 / TOEFL score of 550 / IELTS score of 6.0; OR
- Equivalent score from any of the above obtained at undergraduate level at a recognised university*
*A copy of document from the university is required during submission as a proof of English proficiency
Any other qualification with relevant working experience will be subject to approval by the Senate.
Note: International students are subject to meet entry requirements that reflect similar qualifications and experience as stated above.
To find country-specific entry requirements visit our international entry requirement page
INTI International University
Note: International students are subject to placement guidelines. Please check with a student counsellor.
Lecturer/Instructor, Corporate Trainer, Child Care Director, Principal, Consultant, Media and Technology Specialist, Manager of NonGovernmental Organisations / Social Work, Head of Department, Program Administrator and many more
INTI International University: (N/0110/8/0005)(08/29)(MQA/PA15847)