The programme enables students to undertake specialised and applied in-depth research work in various branches of applied physics, including but not limited to plasma physics, pulse power technology, and material science. These areas can enhance and contribute to the body of knowledge in science and technology.
- Students will achieve high levels of competency in advanced scientific knowledge and skills in a specialised and advanced field of science and emerging technology.
- Graduates will be able to contribute professionally as experts in the area of science and technology in academic, research institutes, and organisations.
- Leading research in areas of plasma physics and pulse power technology, an emerging field in energy and green technology.
- This programme provides a thorough grounding in the scientific principles governing the physical, chemical, and mechanical properties of solid materials, and the opportunity to specialise in the research of a particular material (superconductors, semiconductors) through a choice of options.
- Research Methodology
- Proposal Defense
- Research Thesis Supervision
- Viva Voce in the final year
- Students are required to produce a thesis for fulfillment of the graduation requirement
- Plasma Physics
- Pulse Power Technology
- Condensed Matter Physics
- Superconducting Materials
|Campus||Local Students||International Students|
|INTI International University||Approx. RM 59,796||Approx. RM 59,796|
- A recognised Master’s Degree in the relevant field; AND
- For Doctoral Degree by Research as stated in the MQA Standards for Master’s and Doctoral Degree:
- There shall be no direct entry from Bachelor’s Degree to Doctoral Degree level.
- Candidates with Bachelor’s Degree who are registered for Master’s Degree programmes may apply to convert their candidacy to the Doctoral Degree programmes within ONE year after Master’s Degree registration, subjected to:
- Having shown competency and capability in conducting research at Doctoral Degree level;
- Rigorous internal assessment by the HEP; and
- Approval by the HEP Senate.
- Meet any of these English language requirements:
- A Master’s Degree conducted in English*; OR
- Credit 6 in MCE / SPM / GCE level; OR
- MUET Band 4 / TOEFL score of 550 / IELTS score of 6.0;OR
- Equivalent score from any of the above obtained at undergraduate level at a recognised university*
* A copy of the document from the university is required during submission as proof of English proficiency
Any other qualification with relevant working experience will be subject to approval by the Senate
Note: International students are subject to meet entry requirements that reflect similar qualifications and experience as stated above.
To find country-specific entry requirements visit our international entry requirement page
INTI International University
Note: International students are subject to placement guidelines. Please check with a student counsellor.
Graduates will be able to contribute professionally as leaders in the area of science & technology in academic and research institutions & organisations (national & international).
INTI International University: (R2/545/8/0001)(09/27)(MQA/FA0025)