The Doctor of Philosophy (Financial Technology) programme is a researchbased programme designed to equip students with the skills necessary to conduct scholarly research and be at the forefront of their specialised fields, and become credible authorities and experts to support the development and advancement of knowledge, while adhering to the highest professional standards.
The programme equips students with the expertise and education they need to conduct advanced research and have a sound grasp of financial technology developments. Furthermore, having a collegial network of highly motivated and talented classmates also creates a unique learning experience.
Graduates of this programme should be able to conduct and apply high quality research in academia and/or industry that will make an impact on FinTech research and practice.
- Research Methodology
- Proposal Defense
- Research Thesis
- Viva Voce in the final year
- Students are required to produce a thesis of 60,000 to 100,000 words to fulfil graduation requirements
- Accounting and Finance
- Artificial Intelligence in Finance
- Machine Learning in Finance
- Data Science and Strategy in Finance
|Campus||Local Students||International Students|
|INTI International University||Approx. RM 59,796||Approx. RM 59,796|
- A Master’s Degree in Finance, Banking, Insurance or related field as accepted by the Higher Education Provider (HEP) Senate.
- International students are required to achieve a minimum score of 6.5 in International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or its equivalent.
- For Doctoral Degree by Research as stated in the MQA Standards for Master’s and Doctoral Degree:
- There shall be no direct entry from Bachelor’s Degree to Doctoral Degree level.
- Candidates with Bachelor’s Degree who are registered for Master’s Degree programmes may apply to convert their candidacy to the Doctoral Degree programmes within ONE year after Master’s Degree registration, subjected to:
- Having shown competency and capability in conducting research at Doctoral Degree level;
- Rigorous internal assessment by the HEP; and
- Approval by the HEP Senate.
- Any other qualification with relevant working experience will be considered prior to approval by the Senate.
Note: International students are subject to meet entry requirements that reflect similar qualifications and experience as stated above.
To find country-specific entry requirements visit our international entry requirement page
INTI International University
Note: International students are subject to placement guidelines. Please check with a student counsellor.
Blockchain Developer, Apps Developer, Financial Analyst, Culture Champion, Business Development Manager, Data Specialist, and more.
INTI International University: (N/0412/8/0002)(11/29)(MQA/PA15937)