Fashion Management and Communication is a growing area of the fashion industry and encompasses a variety of different fields such as strategic fashion management, communication, promotion, advertising, branding, business and marketing.
- Work on live projects with fashion and lifestyle brands and agencies
- Good networks and professional links with industry
- Work placement programme provide students with the opportunity to experience real-life industry practice
- Degree awarded by Sheffield Hallam University, UK
The first year of the programme introduces the broad range of issues related to the fundamentals of fashion management and communication, fashion products and visual communication. Students will get to explore diverse and innovative ways of approaching fashion management, marketing and communication problems and develop strategic and creative capabilities in different ways.
- Business of Fashion 1
- Fashion Photography
- Fashion Communication 1
- Fashion Marketing & Management
- Visual Merchandising / Fashion Illustration
During the second year, projects are designed to develop managerial and analytical skills in addition to building on themes explored in Year 1, helping to prepare students for the working industry.
- Business of Fashion 2
- Fashion Communication & Emerging Media
The final year concentrates on research and practice to extend and consolidate students' professional skills, knowledge and understanding through the final year modules.
Students will develop a body of original work that demonstrates an advanced level of engagement with their chosen area of specialism.
- Professional Practice
- Final Fashion Project Part 1
- Industry Work Placement
- Final Fashion Project Part 2
Industry Attachment (compulsory)
- Bahasa Kebangsaan A*
- Community Service
- Design Thinking
- Philosophy and Current Issues (Local Students) / Malaysian Studies 3 (International Students)
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Appreciation of Ethics and Civilisations (Local Students) / Communicating in Malay 2 (International Students)
*For Malaysian students who do not have a credit in SPM BM.
|Campus||Local Students||International Students|
|INTI International College Subang||Approx. RM 83,330||Approx. RM 83,330|
|Entry Level||Entry Requirements|
|STPM||Pass with at least Grade C in 2 subjects|
|UEC||Pass with at least Grade B in 5 subjects|
|A-Level||Pass with at least Grade E in 2 subjects|
|Matriculation / Foundation||From recognised institution and pass with minimum CGPA 2.00|
|Diploma||Pass from recognised institution with minimum CGPA 2.00|
|Others||Equivalent qualifications recognised by the Malaysian Government and pass Art subject in SPM or pass Art Test / Portfolio Assessment for those who do not have Art subject|
Note: International students are subject to meet entry requirements that reflect similar qualifications and experience as stated above.
To find country-specific entry requirements visit our international entry requirement page
Note: International students are subject to placement guidelines. Please check with a student counsellor.
Career opportunities in the area of:
- Fashion Brand Management
- Fashion Retailing
- Fashion Marketing
- Fashion Advertising & Promotion
- Styling / Visual Presentation
- Fashion Journalism / Creative Content
- Visual Merchandising
- Retail Design
- Creative Direction
- Fashion Analysis
- Trend Prediction
- Events Management
- Public Relations
This programme equips students with the strategic and creative skills necessary for a successful career in fashion management and communication, including research exploration, CAD, marketing communications, styling and image manipulation, trend prediction and campaign planning. This programme promotes the development of innovative fashion management and communication concepts through creative thinking, critical interpretation and analysis.
INTI International College Subang: (N/214/6/0217)(07/25)(MQA/PA12849)