- Improve employability with a curriculum designed with additional input by established design practitioners.
- Broaden your horizons with visits to insightful real-world projects.
- Access to an international virtual classroom with world-class lecturers.
- An industry internship programme that provides students with real-life industry practice and the ability to develop networks for employment opportunities.
The first-year challenges students to explore diverse approaches to design problems and apply their creative skills in different ways. It will also challenge any preconceptions that students may have about Graphic Design. During the first year, students will also learn many of the essential skills needed to work in Graphic Design.
- Graphic Design Principle
- Graphic Design Practice
- Typography (Elective)
- Advertising Design (Elective)
In the second year, design projects are often company-sponsored and involve working directly with the client (live projects). The subjects will help students to meet this challenge and develop their skills and knowledge to a professional level. Other projects involve working to a national or international design brief. In this case, students need to demonstrate the ability to communicate their design ideas professionally, using a variety of media and techniques.
- Graphic Design in Context
- Translation & Transmission
- An International Study Tour will be scheduled in Year 2.
Through a process of research and discussion with academic staff, students determine a body of self-directed study that allows them to develop a personal area of interest related to the field of Graphic Design. By taking increased responsibility for the management of their own work, students are prepared for life as a professional designer.
The number and content of the projects students undertake in the third year can be negotiated. However, the academic team will offer advice that enables students to develop a portfolio that best supports their career aspirations. It is also essential that students support their dissertations and design projects with a body of thorough and convincing research and development.
- Graduation Projects Graphic Design
- Professional Practice (Graphic Design)
- Industry Placement [GD]
- Bahasa Kebangsaan A* / Design Thinking
- Community Service & Co-curriculum
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Ethnic Relations (Local students) / Communicating in Malay 2 (International students)
- Islamic & Asian Civilisation (Local students) / Malaysian Studies 3 (International students)
*For Malaysian students who do not have a credit in SPM BM.
|Campus||Local Students||International Students|
|INTI International College Subang||Approx. RM 80,900||Approx. RM 80,900|
|Entry Level||Entry Requirements|
|STPM / A-Level||2 Full Passes with a minimum CGPA 2.00 (Grade C) (with Credit in English SPM / O-Level)|
|UEC||5Bs (including English)|
|Matriculation Program / Foundation in Design / Foundation in Art & Design and other Pre U qualification recognized by Malaysia Government||with minimum CGPA 2.00|
|Diploma in Graphic Design or other equivalent and relevant Diploma recognized by the Malaysia Government||Minimum CGPA 2.00|
Candidates without an art subject or who do not have a credit in Art must Pass Portfolio Review or Art Test conducted by the College.
|Entry Level||English Requirements|
|O-Level / 1119||Grade 1 – 6|
|TOEFL||550 (paper) / 220 (computer)|
Note: International students are subject to meet entry requirements that reflect similar qualifications and experience as stated above.
To find country-specific entry requirements visit our international entry requirement page
Note: International students are subject to placement guidelines. Please check with a student counsellor.
You can launch your career in one of these fields:
- Art Director
- Creative Director
- Drafter (Architecture and Engineering)
- Film and Video Editor
- Graphic Designer
- Industrial/Product Designer
- Multimedia Artist/Animator
Students will focus on generating new and memorable ideas that form the basis of their creative process. They will explore a range of media, develop critical skills, and learn how to solve problems creatively.
Students will also have the opportunity to enhance their prospects by taking part in international competitions, live briefs and work placements. There are also residential study trips at home and abroad, complemented by visits to design conferences and professional design association events.
INTI International College Subang: KPT/JPT(R/214/6/0060)01/2023 - MQA/FA2077