The Intensive English Programme (IEP) is designed to equip our graduates with the language skills essential for the 21st century. A high-level of competency in the English Language is a fundamental pre-requisite for all graduates seeking employment in the global market, ensuring higher level of success in the workplace and increasing career mobility. The focus on teaching IELTS exam skills as well as general English Language skills empower the IEP course to meet the needs of our students.
- IEP 101: This lower elementary course focuses on getting the fundamentals of English. Focusing heavily on basic accuracy, students develop a solid foundation to build on. Our task-based learning approach ensures meaningful use of English with plenty of opportunities to practice all four skills.
- IEP 102: Building on the solid foundations of IEP 101, IEP 102 encourages more complex language skills for students to experiment with. Using a task-based approach, meaningful interaction is put at the forefront of the classroom experience. At the end of this level, students are expected to be able to confidently give simple descriptions of very familiar topics such as people, places, working and living conditions, likes and dislikes, etc.
- IEP 103: Moving towards the A2+ to B1 level, IEP 103 encourages students to work on their accuracy as well as increasing their vocabulary. Tasks are also fully used to give the students meaningful practice of English for more specific purposes. Once students have completed this level, their confidence in communicating straightforward ideas on a variety of familiar subjects will be in full development.
- IEP 104: Starting this level at B1, students are officially at the intermediate level and are ready to focus more specifically on IELTS level materials. In this course, students will not only increase their vocabulary, but they will also learn the basics of how to approach and be successful in IELTS tests. Covering all 4 skills, by the end of this level, students can begin to think about achieving an IELTS 5.0.
- IEP 105: Students who are B1+ to B2- will get the most out of this course. A more detailed focus on IELTS skills ensures that students who progress through this level will begin to feel confident in achieving at least an IELTS 5.0 to 5.5.
- IEP 106: The final level in IEP is our 106 course. This is for upper-intermediate B2 to B2+ students. The most challenging of all our levels, successful students can expect to become fully familiar with the IELTS test. Our students who progress through this level can expect to achieve a 5.5 – 6.0 on the IELTS.
|Campus||Local Students||International Students|
|INTI International College Penang||Approx. RM 3,950||Approx. RM 3,950|
INTI International College Penang
Note: International students are subject to placement guidelines. Please check with a student counsellor.
The Road to IELTS
All Intensive English Programme courses are designed to guide students to prepare and ace the IELTS exam. Adopting internationally recognized teaching resources, online learning, and task-based learning strategies equip students with the language competencies and communication skills that are vital for IELTS and other tertiary education.
The Progressive Levels
The Intensive English Programme offers students various levels of the CEFR. The CEFR is the global benchmark for teaching and testing the English Language. Our courses ensure a seamless progression from one CEFR level to the next. By the time students reach our intermediate to upper-intermediate levels, they are ready to take IELTS exam and progress to higher education studies.
All students will be given a Placement Test to ensure they are placed at the right level. The test enables individual students to progress at different levels based on their aptitude in the English Language.
Mock IELTS Testing
Through IEP 104 to IEP 106, students receive mock IELTS tests with accurate exam-like feedback. Not only do the tests serve as invaluable learning tools, but also ensure that all students have a realistic expectation of their abilities.
Lower Elementary: KPT/JPT(R/KJP/00267)08/2021
Lower Intermediate: KPT/JPT(R/KJP/00466)01/2022
Upper Intermediate: KPT/JPT(R/KJP/00468)01/2022