Find out how programmes such as Peer Assisted Study Session can help you in your studies
Whatever your needs are our staff are here to help.
We offer a wide range of services that includes career & education counselling, scholarships and we even offer assistance in locating convenient & economical accommodation.
PASS-Peer Assisted Study Session is an academic peer learning & mentoring programme for students that is meant to help them master subject content plus integrate discipline-specific learning skills.
PASS sessions are generally attached to difficult subjects and session are led by Peer Leaders who are given the following responsibilities:
- Assist students in learning by showing them how to use specific study strategies & skills
- Help participants to master subject content
- Help in the integration of discipline specific learning skills
PASS Peer Leaders
PASS Peer Leaders are high-achieving senior students who are recruited based on:
- Academic competency
- Level of interpersonal skill
PASS aims to:
- Reduce the rate of attrition in targeted subjects
- Improve grades in those subjects
- Assist students in making a successful transition to tertiary study
- Develop transferable study skills & to foster independent learning
- Provide a forum for students to consolidate lecture material
- Improve students’ understanding of the subject content
PASS is suitable for:
• Large core subjects, particularly ones in which many students have no previous background
• Subjects that have a high failure rate
• Subjects that are perceived by students as difficult
INTI offers student placement services at no charge to all students. This additional service enables students to apply to any university that they are interested in. Services offered include:
The University Placement Office will assist students from all programmes to apply for a place at overseas universities. University application forms are available at the University Placement Office.
Course selection advice
The University Placement Office advises American Degree Transfer Program students on their courses and also offers individual counselling for American Degree Transfer Program and non- American Degree Transfer Program students on university selection.
University accomodation application & airport pick-up assistance
The University Placement Office guides students on applications for university accommodation. Arrangements can be made for students to be met by their university representatives at arrival points and transported to their accommodation.
Student visa application
The University Placement Office provides assistance and ensures that students have complete sets of documents required for the student visa application.
The University Placement Library
The University Placement Library houses an excellent collection of catalogues/prospectuses, handbooks, magazines, CD-ROMs from universities overseas, letters from alumni and other publications. American Degree Transfer Program and non-American Degree Transfer Program students are strongly encouraged to use these resources in their search for a suitable university overseas.
The university of the month
A partner university from USA, Canada, UK or Australia is highlighted every month. Information on the universities will be featured on the notice boards to keep students informed on the latest developments at our partner universities.
The University Placement Office also organises pre-departure briefings, university talks, university/visa application workshops and provides Internet surfing stations.
The Counselling Centre is dedicated to offering professional counselling services and career guidance to IICS students and believing in their ability to make positive changes in their lives.
The Centre provides support, information and guidance to students to help them re-discover their potential and balance, to make informed choices and take responsibility for the direction of their lives.
The Centre works with the Enrich Counselling & Therapy Centre which is the only centre in Malaysia to have a complementary specialist panel comprising Counsellors, a Drama therapist, Music Therapist, Expressive Therapists, a Career Consultant and Counsellor trained in the Satir Transformational Systemic Therapy.
Career Development Support
- Assisting students in picking suitable courses of study and helping them to explore future career
- To assist students in choosing careers that match their interest, abilities, values and personality
Promoting Academic Success
- To guide students in understanding study skills, improving study habits and managing time to enhance academic success
Improving Students’ Total Well-being
- To provide personal counselling to help students understand themselves better and to promote personal well-being.
- Individual Counselling
- Group Counselling
- Career Guidance
- Assessment Services
- Talks / Workshops
- Focuses on the total well-being of students and staff
- Qualified and registered with the Board of Counsellors, Malaysia
- Experienced in counselling adolescents and adults
- Speaks both English & Mandarin
Throughout their time here at INTI, our students will be given assistance and encouraged to do active career planning. On top of that, we conduct workshops and coaching sessions on topics such as career plans, resumes, interview skills and grooming. Our end goal is to prepare the INTI graduate for that all important job interview.
Counsellors at INTI are here to listen and to help you make better decisions in your studies. Our team of counsellors are ever ready to guide you through your study interests, registration and other campus-related procedures.
Here are just some of the areas in which our counsellors are able to advise you on:
- How to choose a programme based on your preferences for both new students and existing students
- Guidance on entry requirements
- Provide support for university applications and procedures
- Post application assistance