For over 3 decades, INTI has been at the forefront of higher education.
The pursuit of quality and excellence has always been the hallmark of INTI which is now has gone past 30 years and counting.
In these 30 years, more than 55,000 students have passed through the doors of INTI in their quest for quality higher education and enhanced career prospects.
1986 – 1990
The word INTI is derived from the Sanskrit word meaning ‘Essence’. It was chosen as the institutions name to symbolize the philosophy of INTI, which is to develop the innermost part of a person, and therefore to bring out the best in a person.
1991 – 2001
Expansion & Building a Niche
INTI moved into it’s Subang Jaya campus and continued expanding. It established partnerships with University of Liverpool (UK), University of Hertfordshire (UK), Queensland University of Technology, (Australia), University of Otago (New Zealand), and more.
2002 – 2007
INTI acquired Metropolitan College and PJ College of Art & Design. In 2006, INTI College Malaysia elevated itself to an university college status. This development made INTI University College, the first private university college in Negeri Sembilan. On top of it, it also developed a new 6-storey building on a 0.8 hector plot within Bukit Jambul education township in the Penang Island – accommodating 2000 students.
2008 – 2011
The Laureate Edge
INTI became a member of the Laureate International Universities network. This also coincided with a new 10-storey building in Subang Jaya as part of the redevelopment for INTI College Subang Jaya.
2011 – 2013
25th Anniversary & New City Campus
- INTI celebrated its’ 25th year anniversary, and also launched the INTI’s School of Hospitality’s training restaurant in the Subang campus. The new Subang Jaya campus, saw a major relaunch which included the INTI Edge Festival.
- In 2013, INTI officially launched it’s new city campus, the INTI International College Kuala Lumpur, the Investiture of Yang Berbahagia Tan Sri Dato’ Seri Utama Arshad Ayud as the first chancellor of INTI International University, and the official launch of the first Sydney Business School, University of Wollongong (Australia) at INTI International College Kuala Lumpur.
2014 – 2015
- INTI became the first tertiary education provider in Malaysia to host Mr. Tony Blair, former prime minister of UK.
- INTI College Nilai, became INTI’s latest campus in Negeri Sembilan
- INTI became one of the first private education institutions in Malaysia to collaborate with LinkedIn to boost graduate employability.
- Launching of INTI MBA – Learning Simplified
30 Years of Education that Empowers
- INTI celebrates 30 years of empowering young minds.
- INTI hosts Mr. Ernesto Zedillo, former President of Mexico.