University of Wollongong, Australia (UOW) recognises the fast pace of development in the Information & Communications Technology (ICT) industry. UOW was one of the first universities to combine fields of study related to this industry into one faculty – Informatics. Experts encompassing the entire breadth of the underlying science, IT, engineering and mathematical methodologies in the ICT industry have created a dynamic teaching, learning and research environment.
This approach of bringing together staff from all disciplines relevant to ICT is now being emulated by universities world-wide. Our graduates are amongst the most sought-after in the industry because of their deep knowledge of the discipline, adaptability, communication skill, application, and ethical professionalism.
Computer Science is the study of algorithmic processes that describe and transform information: theory, analysis, design, efficiency, programming and application. This degree includes a core of programming subjects as well as electives in database, languages, artificial intelligence, computer security, computer graphics, operating systems, real-time software and software engineering.
Information security should be viewed as a critical aspect of every computer scientist’s education. With the rapid evolution of security technology, this major provides knowledge and tools desirable in the industry. Students gain important knowledge and skills in up-to-date security technologies including computer security, system security, and computer network security.
Accredited by the Australian Computer Society as meeting requirements for membership at the “Professional Level”
Students may combine any two of the previous majors for a double major.
- A major in Software Engineering can be combined with Digital Systems Security, Multimedia and Game Development.
- A major in Digital Systems Security can be combined with Software Engineering.
- A major in Multimedia and Game Development can be combined with Software Engineering.
Additional Majors Available At The University Of Wollongong*
- Enterprise Systems Development
* You can pursue these majors under a 1 + 2, 1.5 + 1.5 or 2 + 1 arrangement, whereby you may need to complete up to two years of studies at INTI and then transfer to UOW to complete your studies.
UOW is consistently ranked in the top 1% of universities in the world for the quality of our graduates, ranking in the 151-200 band in the 2017 QS Graduate Employability Rankings.
The 2017 Good Universities Guide has given UOW a five star rating for:
- Overall quality
- Student retention
- Learner engagement
- Learning resources
- Skill development
- Student support & teaching quality