The programme is a comprehensive, industry relevant degree that offers international exposure, practical skills, professional and personal development. The syllabus includes practical skills development where students have the opportunity to learn in a simulated hotel environment.
- Gain international and industry exposure through visiting guest lecturers and industry experts
- Opportunities to exchange ideas, interact and build network with students of Blue Mountains International Hotel Management School, Australia, through the Global Classroom platform
- Focus on professional development, combining academic teaching and industry practice, and supported by mentorship and coaching by hospitality industry expert
- Develop critical employability skills in communication, teamwork, problem solving and critical thinking through INTI’s Employer Projects
- Opportunity to transfer to Australia to complete the degree from Year 2 onwards
About Blue Mountains International Hotel Management School
RANKED NO.1 INTERNATIONAL HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT SCHOOL IN AUSTRALIA / ASIA PACIFIC FOR AN INTERNATIONAL CAREER*
With an enviable international reputation, The Blue Mountains International Hotel Management School (BMIHMS) at Torrens University is the first of its kind in Australia – an innovative, high touch and multicultural environment in which to pursue university level hospitality studies.
Since 1991, BMIHMS has produced more than 4,500 graduates from over 50 countries. Due to its successful Industry Placement program and extensive network of hospitality industry partners including major hotel chains, boutique properties, resorts and events companies, BMIHMS students are highly sought after have excellent employment and career prospects.
Blue Mountains International Hotel Management School Accreditations
- Association of Commonwealth Universities
- Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF)
- Commonwealth Register of Instituitions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRISCOS)
- Institute of Hospitality
- International Centre of Excellence in Tourism and Hospitality Education (THE-ICE)
- United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO)
- Tertiary Education Quality Standards Agency Australia (Provider Idenfication Number PRV 12016)
Blue Mountains International Hotel Management School (BMIHMS) at Torrens University Awards
- 2017 Number 1 Hotel Management School in Asia Pacific (TNS 2017)
- 2012, 2011 and 2010 World Hospitality Award
- 2009 Tourism Platinum Award for Outstanding Achievement
- 2009 Winner of the Tourism & Education Training Award at the Qantas Australian Tourism Awards
- 2009 Gold Award for Tourism and Education Training at the New South Wales Tourism Awards
- 2009 Finalist, Australian National Tourism Award
- 2009, 2008 and 2007 Tourism Minister’s Student Achiever Award for Excellence in Studies
*Source: TNS Survey 2013.