Foundation In Arts
INTI International University: KPT/JPS(A8768)04/2018
Our Foundation in Arts programme prepares you to undertake the exciting discipline of Mass Communication. We provide you with a sound communication foundation and skills required to ensure a smooth transition into an undergraduate course.
It is a comprehensive, flexible and dynamic curriculum where students will be given an insight into the creative and critical side of writing. You will be equipped with the skills to creatively and effectively communicate ideas via media such as television, radio, newspapers and the internet.
The Foundation in Arts programme aims to ensure that you obtain an all-round education which is the ideal foundation for future success.
We employ various active learning methodologies, including Problem-based Learning. Group discussions and projects help students develop academically in areas such as study skills, presentation skills, research skills and time management skills, which are crucial for academic success. This will further enhance their critical and analytical skills,preparing them for tertiary studies and the demanding workplace.
Assessment of individual courses in the Foundation in Arts programme consists of 2 components:
- Continuous course work (60%)
- Final examination (40%)
The continuous course work component comprises different assessment tasks such as projects, assignments, laboratory work, presentations, tests and others throughout each semester. The final examination is conducted at the end of each semester. The assessments are subject to quality assurance procedures to maintain high standards and ensure fair assessment.
Students who have successfully completed the Foundation in Arts can progress to Mass Communication:
- 3+0 Bachelor of Communication & Media Studies (Marketing Communication & Advertising) in collaboration with University of Wollongong, Australia
- Bachelor of Mass Communication (Hons)
- BA (Hons) in Mass Communications, in collaboration with University of Hertfordshire,UK
Malaysian Qualifications Agency
|Financial assistance available:
- General Studies
- English Language Skills 1
- English Language Skills 2
- Basic Computing
- Human Communication
- Introduction to Literature Appreciation
- Fundamental of Business Management
- Fundamentals of Communication
- Introduction to Business Studies
- Introduction to Creative Writing
- Introduction to Intercultural Communication
- Introduction to Mass Media
- Self-Development Skills
- Skills for Creative Thinking
- Bahasa Kebangsaan A/B*
- Malaysian Studies
- Islamic Studies / Moral Education
*Exempted if a credit in BM has been obtained at SPM level.
Campuses & Intakes
INTI International University
- 13 January 2014
- 26 May 2014
- 8 September 2014
|Entry Level ||Entry Requirements
|SPM / O Level
||Minimum 5 Cs with a credit in English
||Minimum 4 Bs with a credit in English
|INTI International University
Download complete Fee Structure here.
|Total Fees (RM)
|INTI International University
Download complete International
Students Fee Structure here.
|Approximate Total Fee (USD)
Back to top